- What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Run a Marathon. Ouch!
- Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I have the same ones every year and I never keep them. Eat less, lose weight, train more, work harder. whatever.
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! My beloved friend Janine had twins. So happy for her, she is the best mommy.
- Did anyone close to you die?
- What countries did you visit?
Switzerland, France, Germany and LICHTENSTEIN.
- What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A flat stomach.
- What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory?
The whole of June when I went to Europe for the first time and 19 November 2011, my birthday. It was made so special by my husband, friends and family.
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finishing my first marathon despite dying seven deaths.
- What was your biggest failure?
Forgetting to put my gear lock on which resulted in my car getting stolen…
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing devestating. Hurt my back while standing still doing nothing which is making me feel very old but o well. So it goes.
- What was the best thing you bought?
Can’t really think of anything, I spend my money on eating out and holiday so going to Switzerland and my recent trip to the Kruger park was the two highlights of my year.
- Whose behaviour merited celebration?
… too many to name. My hubby Winston, Alida, my sister Marlise. I am blessed with many good people in my life.
- Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
I don’t get appalled or depressed that easily, so if somebody was behaving in a disgusting manner I probably wouldn’t notice.
- Where did most of your money go?
Traveling to Switzerland, Kruger Park and the usual. Food and Wine.
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Europe for the first time in my life and the arival of my first batch of babies. (I started doing AI’s on the farm last year, but that’s another long story.)
- What song/album will always remind you of 2011?
Hotstix Mabuza and Miriam Makeba. I feel like I’ve discovered a big treasure listening to their music.
- Compared to this time last year, are you:Happier or sadder? Pretty much the same, but I am allways happy. Just get moments, never lasting more than ten minutes of getting sad, and then I move on.
Thinner or fatter? DEFINATELY Fatter, I can tell I’m getting old and have become a bit soft. I don’t like it. AT ALL
Richer or poorer? Not richer and not poorer. I am however driving a nicer car after my old heap got stolen but that’s thanks to the hubby. Thanks Winnie. So I think he’s not poorer after giving me his car and buying a new one for himself.
- What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercise… See Point 17 part 2 regarding getting fat.
- What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eat, again See Point 17 part 2…
- How will you be spending Christmas
It’s also my husbands birthday, so the usual way. Over indulging and opening presents.
- Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Best friend Alida.
- Did you fall in love in 2011?
- How many one night stands in this last year?
- What was your favourite TV program?
Masterchef Australia, Bones, TWO AND A HALF MEN!
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t hate. I don’t think I feel strongly enough about anybody to hate them. I hate people that speed in the Kruger park or abuse animals, and that Hate pretty much stays at the same dangerous level year round.
- What was the best book(s) you read?
All Karin Slaughters books. Love them.
- What was your greatest musical discovery?
Miriam Makeba and Hotstix Mabuza.
- What did you want and get?
- What did you want and not get?
Somebody to publish my ‘memoir’
- What were your favourite films of this year?
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Celebrated for about a week with my hubby, friends and family. I’m still recovering. Turned 32.
- What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting my book published.
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Fashion? Fuck Fashion!
- What kept you sane?
I’m not sane.
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Right now, Curtis Stone. He’s HOT!
- What political issue stirred you the most?
JuJu and his antics.
- Who did you miss?
My dad, as allways.
- Who was the best new person you met?
Lawrette McFarlane, I actually met her at the end of 2010 but she is very inspiring and two of my best races this year I ran with her.
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Carry on Carrying on.
- Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?